As I mentioned a while back, today is the day I am going to study abroad for six weeks in Spain. Since I was younger, traveling to Spain seemed to make it on my to-do list each year, so I guess I’m finally getting around to crossing that off the list! I’ll be staying with a host family in Alcala, forty five minutes outside Madrid and traveling as much as possible on the weekends. I think it’s fair for me to speak on behalf of us “Word-pressers” when I say that we love looking at pictures from other trips and hearing about amazing excursions from fellow bloggers, so I’ll be trying to best to blog about my experiences in a new country, a new school, speaking a different language, and of course the exciting travels which will be taking place as much as possible. Here we are on Day One as I head off to Spain! Let’s begin the journey, shall we?
Last week was somewhat of a difficult week for me, because as I previously stated, I received numerous rejections from literary agents who had expressed interest in my book at the WDC Conference in NYC just a few weeks ago. On Friday morning I went on a Leadership Challenge retreat, and when I returned late Sunday afternoon, I came back to find that my blog had been nominated for another award. Receiving support, praise, and criticism from fellow bloggers is so rewarding, seeing as I had doubts on blogging just a little while ago. This has been an incredible experience, and I definitely could not have done it thus far without my followers and fellow bloggers. Additionally, special thanks to GJ from http://gjscobie.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the “Versatile Blogger” Award! And also thank you to Melis from http://iamnotshe.wordpress.com for the re-nomination! It is greatly appreciated!
With that being said, the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are :
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post.
So here we go with the seven random things about me:
1. I am planning on studying abroad for the second half of summer in Spain this year
2. I am a member of the Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity, currently serving as the Internal Vice President
3. I have non-specific mild colitis (which is a gastroenterological problem) causing me to get frequent stomach pains
4. I think way too hard into things
5. I used to box and kick-box all throughout high school
6. I constantly feel pressured to live up to the standard of being a nice, happy person who always smiles (which is how many people often describe me)
7. I am more grateful for the followers and fellow-bloggers on this website than one could imagine
I would now like to nominate the following blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award. I really enjoy reading each of the blogs listed below, and would strongly suggest that you check them out too! Congratulations everyone!!