A short while ago I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, but somehow didn’t come across the comment nominating me until a few days ago. Better late than never, especially when it comes to exciting awards! I was nominated for this awesome award by Sahbina from http://sahbinahvioletflynn.wordpress.com/. Her blog is truly amazing, so I would strongly recommend checking it out!
We all have goals in life and all want to achieve nothing but the best for ourselves. Have you ever asked yourself what the goal of your blog is? I’m assuming you have since you’re successfully blogging here on WordPress, but once in a while it’s nice to think about the what the purpose of our actions is. Let me tell you why I blog. There are quite a few reasons here, so bare with me. I blog to make people happy; I blog to entertain my followers; I blog to keep tabs on trips that I have taken and remember what I did on those trips; I blog so that other people can take these trips with me from the comfort of their own home; I blog to help people overcome obstacles they may be facing on a daily basis; I blog to remind people what is important in life and to remind each of us (myself included) of important lessons that we sometimes forget; I blog to help myself out on a daily basis; I blog to help others out on a daily basis; I blog to inspire myself; and I blog to inspire others.
If you can make a positive impact on someone’s day, then you have done something really good. If you can help improve someone’s week, then you have done something great. If you have made a difference in someone’s life for the better, then you have done something incredible. I blog to try to make a positive impact in my follower’s lives on a daily basis and as a whole, in general. If I am able to make this difference on just one person (even if it’s myself), then I will be content in knowing that I fulfilled my goal. But I don’t want to stop at just impacting one person’s day and/or life. I want to keep going. So I will keep on blogging and keep on trying to inspire. (Maybe I took this post a little too seriously, but a little catharsis never hurt anyone). But again, special thanks to Sahbina for making a positive impact on my day with the nomination of this award 🙂
Now for the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven Things About Me:
- I am the youngest of three kids (I have an older brother and sister)
- We have three dogs at home (one to replace each of us when we left our house for college)
- I intern for a local college entertainment-oriented magazine in the Orlando area
- While using the bathroom in a moving train last week, I had a sudden burst of inspiration and came up with the following quote. “Life is like using the bathroom in a moving vehicle. You can come out with lots of accomplishments or lots of regrets”
- I use Twitter to promote my blog and at times to reach out to friends and fellow Twitter followers. I try not to use it too much to give updates on my location (minus traveling) because I don’t think people want to know when I’m eating dinner or when I’m going to the bathroom
- I have self-diagnosed OCD in general, but more specifically, I can’t finish brushing my teeth until I brush each “section” for a certain amount of time. Also, after a certain amount of time since previous haircuts, I have to get another haircut or else I’ll start to get jittery (It’s not easy thinking of facts about yourself, so sometimes you have to dig deep)
- Seven is actually my favorite number
My Nominations for the Very Inspiring Blog Award:
My whole blogging experience wouldn’t be the same without my followers as well as the blogs that I follow. There are always new blogs that catch my attention and there is no way of showing that I appreciate their work more than nominating them with a gratifying award such as this. Thank you to the following blogs for inspiring me and making a difference in my everyday life!
Congratulations. Thanks for thinking of me! Take Care, BAM
Thanks and no problem!!
Congratulations on your award. Thank you, Dan for thinking of me. Much appreciated.
Thanks and no problem 🙂
congratulations on the award! i have been reading you for a while and the award is truly well deserved. And many thanks for including me!
Thanks; I really appreciate it!! And no problem 🙂
Hey! I finally acknowledged the award. Many thanks. Check out the link http://justanotherwakeupcall.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/rainbows-on-my-windscreen/
Nice quote! 🙂
Congrats on the award .. well done
Congratulations, Dan! You deserve it because you’re so inspiring (and funny at the same time). “Life is like using the bathroom in a moving vehicle…” Lol.
And thanks for nominating me!
No problem! And thanks!! It means a lot 🙂
Congratulations Dan your blog is well deserving of such an award.. 🙂 ~Sue
Thanks Sue!! 🙂
Congratulations, Dan and thank you for the nomination! Keep up the good work!
No problem and thanks!!
Dan, I’m just a newbie to your blog and am stil working my way through your posts but your award is obviously well-deserved. Thank you for nominating me also. I’m on the go at the moment so will deal with all it enatils over the next few days.
Thanks; it means a lot!! 🙂
[…] so much to Dan at hurdlestohappiness.wordpress.com for nominating my blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I have been blogging since December […]
Congratulations! It’s always fun to read the 7 things about a person 🙂
Lovely to learn more about you, Dan, and to read what motivates you to blog (I’m still working mine out, but these are all good reasons). And thank you for the nomination – I’m not the best at keeping up with the awards process, but much appreciated anyway 🙂
Yeah! Yahoo! Yippee! & Congratulations! Now I’m off to click on your nominee links.
Congratulations on your award. I’ve also done the “found out rather late” bit on ones I’ve received. Guess it happens to us all. I loved your post – good to think about what you are doing and why. I blog for the good of rescue animals so maybe it’s a bit easier for me to define my goals – they have been clear to me from the beginning.
PS – my mom has OCD. With, or without, I love her dearly and she is a fabulous, fantastic person.
Thank you! Your blog is definitely inspiring and it’s awesome that you have such a noble reason of blogging!! Glad to hear your mom is part of the club! The more company the better 🙂
[…] awards: Anna Marie from authenticallyannamarie awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award and Dan from hurdlestohappiness awarded me the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I never knew there were such […]
Congrats for your nominating 😛
[…] Dan from hurdles to happiness […]